Join Kathy for gentle restorative yoga classes designed for cancer patients and their families.
Thursdays from 1:30pm to 2:45pm
Suggested Donation $10 (no one turned away)
Starting out with gentle yoga movements to stretch and warm the body, we transition into soothing and supported restorative poses that offer the opportunity to quiet the mind and restore the body. Guided visualizations, breathwork, meditation, poetry readings, or just the soft sounds of music help you sink down into a deeper place of peace and relaxation.
Numerous benefits are attributed to the practice of restorative yoga:
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and depression
- Slows down the heart rate and lowers blood pressure
- Encourages healthy patterns of breathing and sleeping
- Helps during recovery from illness or injury
- Helps to relieve pain and manage treatment side effects
- Moves the spine in all directions to increase flexibility
- Stretches muscles, fascia and connective tissue to facilitate a full range of movement
- Reverses the effects of gravity by changing the flow of blood and fluids with inverted poses
- Conserves energy, redirecting it to restore, replenish and rejuvenate the body
- Quiets the mind, increasing a sense of peace and well-being
Kathy Rule, CHT, RYT, is a Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Nutrition Consultant, Registered Yoga Teacher and Energy Healing Practitioner. She is a member of Yoga Alliance, Healing Touch International, Inc, and the American Association of Professional Hypnotherapists.